In addition to all things potato, oily and fried, star-shaped cookies are a Chanukah must-have!
When I was a kid, my family used to make sugar cookies from a boxed mix and go to town with our star-shaped cookie cutter. We had so much fun making and eating them, but they were far from healthful, to say the least.
Today I’m excited to share a lightened up version of those cookies! Today’s Vegan No-Bake Chanukah Star “Sugar” Cookies are my updated raw, gluten-free and sugar-free tradition. That introduction may not sound all that appealing, but if you like raw desserts, I promise you’ll love these cookies!
The cookies themselves are made from only 4 ingredients- almonds, maple syrup, coconut and salt! The chocolate drizzle is just as simple- it’s just coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao powder. In addition to the super simple ingredient list, what I love about these cookies is that they hit the dessert spot without leaving you in a sugar coma.
They’re pretty much like eating trail mix, but in a fun holiday shape!
Speaking of the shape, feel free to get wild with your cookie cutters and customize these babies for Christmas (or any other occasion) as well!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder
- Place the almonds in a blender and pulse until a powder is formed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until mostly smooth (you may need to scrape the sides of the blender down a few times).
- Scoop the batter out of the blender, roll it into a ball, and place the ball on a clean surface.
- Use a rolling pin to roll it out so it’s ¼”- ½” thick, then use a star-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
- Place the cookies on a tray and place the tray in the refrigerator so the cookies can firm up (about 30 minutes).
- While the cookies are chilling, prepare the chocolate drizzle by stirring all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- When the cookies are firm, remove them from the refrigerator. Drizzle the chocolate on top. Return to the refrigerator for 5 minutes so the chocolate can harden. Enjoy right away