We all know how good fish is for our health and so many of us are frequently looking for great fish recipes. In this video, French Chef Didier Durand shows us how to make delicious white fish. To top it off, he also gives us a lemon sauce recipe to drizzle on top. The lemon butter wine sauce recipe is easy to make and looks like it would be delicious with any white fish.
Here is what Chef Didier Durand says about making restaurant quality lemon beurre blanc – it’s easier than you think and very impressive if you have guests.
- Your white fish of choice (10-12 ounces)
- A touch of salt
- Round lemon slices and wedges
- White wine (1/2 cup)
- Touch of paprika
- One diced shallot
- Lemon juice
- White peppercorn
- Cold butter (1/2 cup)
- Purple grapes
- Begin by rubbing a little butter at the base of the casserole backing dish. After buttering casserole dish, add a touch of salt and place your fish in the dish. Top with lemon slices.
- Add a splash of white wine and additional lemons wedges to your baking dish. Sprinkle with a touch of paprika.
- Bake dish in broiler for 10-15 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, in sauce pan, whisk together diced shallots, a half cup of white wine, and lemon juice. Add white peppercorn and add cold butter. Continue to whisk and be sure not to let the sauce get to a boil or the wine will separate.
- Grill purple grapes, then place cooked, white fish onto a plate. Add the grilled grapes to the side of the fish, then pour the lemon blanc over finished dish.
Chef Durand suggests leeks and potatoes as side dishes for this amazing white fish.