If you’re looking to try and make a healthier version of a burger, we have a great suggestion for you.
Ingredients (makes 12 sliders)
- 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons capers, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons garcli, minced
- Mix together all ingredients and refrigerate.
- 2 1/2 lbs. fresh wild-caught coho salmon
- 1/2 cup panko
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pink peppercorns
- 6 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- Remove bones from the salmon and dice the meat until it has a similar consistency to ground beef.
- Mix the salmon, panko, cumin and egg whites in a large bowl. Form 12 patties and sprinkle with salt and the pink peppercorns.
- Cook bacon on the grill until medium crispy. Set aside on paper towels to drain the grease.
- Use reserve bacon grease to coat the grill, then place patties on the rack. Sear them for 3-4 minutes, turn, and brush them with the glaze. Sear for 2 more minutes and brush with glaze once again. Place them in a foil pan and keep warm.
Salmon Patty Glaze
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup whole-gran mustard (Kathy uses Mady’s Olde Tyme Beer Mustard)
- 2 tablespoons Sutter Home Gewürtztraminer
- Heat the syrup on low in a fireproof saucepan.
- Combine the mustard and Gewürtztraminer together.
- Remove the syrup from the heat, and then pour in the mustard mixture.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons ground sea salt
- 2 cups potato sticks
- Mix first three ingredients.
- Heat the potato sticks in a fireproof skillet on the grill for 4-5 minutes, or until oil starts to seep out.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Keep the potato sticks warm in a foil pan on the grill’s top shelf.
- 12 King’s Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
- 2 1/2 cups micro greens
- 4 sliced Roma tomatoes
- Toast the rolls, cut side down, on the grill for 1-2 minutes.
Assembly and Presentation
- Spread the dill yogurt mixture on both cut sides of the buns.
- Then come the greens, 2 Roma tomato slices, 1/2 slice of bacon, the salmon patty, and 2 tablespoons potato sticks.
- Top with the top half of the bun and go nuts.