- 5 tbsp. peanut oil
- 5 tbsp. finely chopped fresh lemongrass (from the bottom 4 inches of 2 stalks)
- 2 tbsp. (packed) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 red jalapeño chile, half seeded and finely chopped and half thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb. peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 4 hot dog buns, split and toasted
- Red leaf lettuce
- Thinly sliced radishes and fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
1. In a blender, blend 4 tbsp. oil, the lemongrass, brown sugar, fish sauce, and chopped chile until a paste forms. Transfer to a large bowl. Toss with the shrimp. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss the carrot and vinegar. In another small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, chili-garlic sauce, and hoisin.
3. In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. oil over medium; cook the shrimp, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 5 minutes.
4. Spread the hoisin mayonnaise on the buns. Top with the lettuce, shrimp, radishes, sliced chile, carrot, and cilantro.