delicious potato salad kicks it up a notch with beer and bacon.
- 2 ½ lb. golden potatoes, cut into 1/2″-thick slices
- 8 ½ oz. thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 4 tbsp. beer or water
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. grainy mustard
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. Finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat grill on medium. In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon on medium 8 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, stirring frequently. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper-towel-lined plate; set aside. Reserve fat in skillet.
- Tear 2 large sheets heavy-duty foil. Spread potatoes on 1 sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Top with rosemary and drizzle with beer and 3 tablespoons bacon fat. Place other sheet of foil on top Fold edges of foil and crimp together tightly to seal. Grill, covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat from skillet. Heat skillet on medium. After that, add onion, cook 4 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add caraway seeds and garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring. Transfer contents of skillet to large bowl and let cool slightly.
- To bowl with sautéed onion add: vinegar, mustard, sugar, green onions, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk these ingredients until they combined well. Discard rosemary add potatoes to bowl along with bacon. Stir until well coated. Serve salad warm alongside pork chops.