Escarole and Black Beans Salad
- 430-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10tablespoons olive oil
- 6tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4cloves garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (found in the international aisle)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1head escarole, washed and trimmed of tough leaves
- 12ounces store-bought guacamole
- 1ripe avocado, sliced
- 1lime, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, onion, salt and vinegar. Season with the pepper, then whisk in the oil.
- Place the beans in a large bowl. Pour ¾ of the dressing over them. Add the cilantro and chipotle. Toss, cover, and set aside.
- Preheat grill pan over medium heat.
- Toss the escarole with the remaining dressing. Grill for 3 minutes, turning constantly, until just wilted and golden.
- Serve with the guacamole, avocado, beans and lime wedges.
You should try this unusual salad.